We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Question

UK
Level Contributor
538 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Question

Hi everyone

I'm due to travel to Egypt twice next year in February and July and am wondering if anyone have ever bought a multi entry of a six month visa from the Egyptain Embassy? I know that they have put up the price of Visa's for UK nationals and was wondering if it would work out cheaper to send off for Visa's from the Embassy in January?

What do you think?

Thank you in advance

Laurence

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Question

Info on the Consulate website.

www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/Visas_Fees.php

UK
Level Contributor
371 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Question

It really depends on how many visits you want to make and how long you want to stay.

The multi entry visa allows you multiple entries over it's validity period of 6 months from when it was issued.

It allows you a total of 90 days in Egypt.Current cost from the Egyptian Consulate in London is £18,but if you are doing it by post,you need to allow for the cost of a postal order,and two special delivery envelopes.

It does mean however that on arrival,you can proceed straight to Immigration control.

I get them regularly and would advise that the Consulate turns them round very quickly--always been within the week.

UK
Level Contributor
538 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Question

Thanks Richard I think i'll do that as i've got 4 Visa's to buy. I'm just trying to work out which would be more cost effective. I suppose it's only a few quid in it though.

Laurence

4. Re: Visa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 18, 2014