We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palm royale

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
palm royale

We are. Going to the palm royale on the 27th. Does anyone know if the hotel is half empty and is everything open as I have heard other hotels in hurgada are empty. I would be grateful for any information.thinks

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: palm royale

Hi max187069

I have emailed the hotel to request a room and also asked if everything was running as normal, they have not got back yet, but it was late yesterday afternoon. I also went into the Thomas cook shop yesterday to ask, as I told them I didn't want to get there to be told it was closed. If you booked with thomas cook online they will talk to you through the live chat, but they won't if you booked in shop ( starting to drive me mad now ). If I hear anything I will let you know, if you could do the same I would be grateful.

Katscot

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palm royale

Thanks I will let youknow if I hear anything. Max

Manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: palm royale

We are in Hurghada at the moment and we were told on arrival at out Hotel was closed and we were upgraded to the couples only Hotel, Premier Le Reve by Thomson. On our drive to the Hotel we passed many closed Hotels and it looked like a bit of a ghost town, however the Hotel we have been moved to is running as normal even though there are only 50 guests, soon to be even less because apparently the Dutch are all being flown home early due to the troubles and they won't be flying out anybody else until late September.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: palm royale

Hi, is anyone at the Palm Royale at the moment? Just wondering if it is still open. Seems to have gone quiet

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palm royale

Hi lottieyoung,

I got an email back from them yesterday, when I emailed them to request a room. It was a lovely reply, and no signs of the room not being there for us when we arrive. There are 2 new reviews today as well, and it looks like they have been very recently. Here's hoping all is well, I'm really looking forward to it now.

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: palm royale

Max,

I did not reply to you today re: email reply as I think from your date of holiday, you may be on your way today. If I'm right have a good one.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: palm royale

hi just asking if you are anywhere near the fun city hotel makadi bay, i have seen on here that many of the hotels are closed and people are being sent to alternative hotels on arrival at airport. Do you have anymore info on this if it's true ect??

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: palm royale

Hi Katscot, thanks for letting me know. When do you fly? We go 17th Sept and I'm getting excited now. I spoke to Tc today and they said that as far as they know everything is open and running - the good news is no early morning rush for a sun bed :)

Lottie :)

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: palm royale

Hi Lottieyoung,

We are off a week Friday, and leave on the 20th. I spoke to TC on Saturday but I'm afraid not sure if I believe them, that's why I emailed the hotel. Hopefully all going well, may see you when you arrive.

Katscot

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: palm royale

Hi Angela, not sure where your hotel is (is it near safaga?) The only hotel I see near the Palm Royale is The Caribbean World. Tc told me today that if any hotel closes due to low occupancy then we will get informed before departure and offered an equal alternative to consider. If we are not notified until we land then all we can do is get a form from the rep and take the matter up with Tc upon arrival home. Hope this helps

Lottie:)

Get answers to your questions about Hurghada