We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makadi bay fun city.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Makadi bay fun city.

Hi is anyone travelling to, at or been to the Fun City hotel in makadi bay? Is it's bad as the reviews say? And do you feel safe with the current political climate. We arrive on Tuesday ( me, hubby and kids she 9,8&4!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makadi bay fun city.

Hi Melanie

We are due to go hurghada tuesday as well, myself husband and 2 kids 5&7, staying at titanic palace. Our travel agent called this am advising on a personal level, not to go. She has heard reports of people being shot at in hurghada. However we will lose our money as the fco are still saying safe to go??! Really hoping for some news ASAP and really worried.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Makadi bay fun city.

Hi Jeanette

I'm going through phases, yesterday I was really stressed but today I'm excited and packing!! My gut feeling is that everything will be fine and that seems to be the opinion of people already there. It's the airport transfers that are the main worry!! In the plus side if the Germans and Russians and Russians aren't going at least we will be able to get sun beds!!! We fly with thomas cook from Manchester at 1350 ish on tues and in seats 5a-e if ur on the same flight!!! I'm sure we will all be safe xx

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Makadi bay fun city.

Hi Mel and Jeanette

Hope you both have great holidays. I'm in the middle of packing also and going on the same flight from Manchester - Row 29. Staying at Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh and really looking forward to it.

Tanya x

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makadi bay fun city.

Thanks ladies

I'm sure it will be fine.. But checking alternative destinations just in case fco change advise. Flying from 1030 ish. Wish you all a safe and happy trip!

5. Re: Makadi bay fun city.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 20, 2014