I am planning to visit Egypt in June 2013 with my wife. After a week of travel in Egypt ending with a Aswan to Luxor Nile cruise we want to visit Hurghada for 2 days.
I have been reading wikitravel.org to plan my travel. While I have got much info there, traveling in and out of Hurghada is not very clear.
We disembark the Nile cruise at Luxor on June 22nd, Saturday and will be free from afternoon after lunch. I thought of taking a bus to Hurghada to reach there by late evening. After a two day stay we plan to return to either Luxor or Cairo and catch a flight back home. So we would be leaving Hurghada on June 24th, Monday evening (after scuba diving and/or snorkeling). If we decide to go to Luxor, we will stay there overnight and catch a flight the next day at 10:20am. If we decide to go to Cairo, I believe we will be traveling overnight, reach Cairo in the morning and catch the flight at around 2pm.
1) Is my plan feasible or am I walking a tight rope in terms of timing?
Getting in to Hurghada
2) What would be the right time for us to catch a bus in Luxor so that we reach Hurghada while we can still reach our hotel easily? (The hotel doesn't offer pick-up service)
3) What would be closet bus stop for this hotel that we need to get off at?
4) How much would the bus service from Luxor to Hurghada cost?
Getting out of Hurghada
4) When is the last bus out of Hurghada to Luxor and what time does it reach Luxor (approx)?
5) Are there overnight bus services to Cairo from Hurghada? Say starting from Hurghada at 10:30pm and reaching Cairo at around 6am or 7am the next day.
5.1) If such a bus service is available, can I book tickets in advance? If yes how?
Note : I am considering travel by bus particularly and not by air because of high cost.
Answers to these questions will greatly help me in finalizing my trip plan. Let me also know if the plan can be tweaked anywhere.
This is my first on TripAdvisor, so apologies if I flouted any of the forum rules or guidelines.