We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Bolton Lancashire
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hi anyone going to primasol beach albatross 30th june. we going for 2 weeks from manchester (XL Flight 9.30am ish) sounds like its mainly germans and russions and we 3 females 16, 42 and 61 and boy of 10 dont fancy being the only English there.

Trying to read as many reviews as i can on this hotel but starting to worry that we booked wrong hotel as entertainment not in english and 20 min taxi ride to nearest place. like to go for a wonder at night round shops and bars, or just chill out and watch the hotel entertainment.

Look forward to hearing from anyone thats been and thinks ill be okay and anyone going around 30th june. Thanks caroline....x

birmingham
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hi I went to Primasol Beach Albatros in Feb.

The hotel is very nice and I would go back.

The hotel as a good range of restuarants, nice beach bar and they have barbecue style lunches at the open beach restuarant which was very nice. Also it as its own marina I recommend you go on the boat trip to giftun Island it is very nice and about 10 english pound for the day with lunch but be careful it says free drinks but you inly get free drinks when they give you your lunch people come on the boat selling drinks and many people on our boat thought they were free it was quite funny at the time when they all put there drinks back.

Anyway about the entertainmnet there were not many english there at all mainly russian and german but did not bother us most people can speak english. Another warning if you go on the beach get there early and get a wind breaker. The beach is very big put gets very busy and you will struggle to get a bed being 4 of you.

About getting around. Most hotels in egypt are spread out I have been twice to hurghada and both hotels have been far away from everything. This is no problem as taxis are very cheap only £3 for the 4 of you to go downtown shopping. There is also a shuttle bus but I will give you a tip don't book the taxi from the hotel as they are expensive just walk out front of the hotel and many taxis wait outside for people and don't forget to barter them down to about 30 egyptian pound.

Thats about everything oh actually get a taxi to el gouna and say to the taxi driver take me to a nice beach when you get there it is beutiful and you will have the best day of your holiday there. It is little island all together by bridges and lagoons in between. The beaches are the best in hurghada and they have camels food and drinks on the beach for very cheap and water sports.

Hope this as been some help to you I'm off to luxor next wednesday and will be taking a visit back to hurghada.

Have a nice holiday

Bolton Lancashire
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hi RCRUTCHLEY101 Thankyou very much for taking the time to reply, the info you have given me will be a big help, there was some good points there.

The hotel sounds nice and the restaurants from what you say.

Thankyou again and i hope you have a lovely time in Luxor....Caroline.......x

birmingham
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Your welcome

One more thing always agree a price with the taxi driver before you get into the car because they will just try and get you in the car and keep saying its ok its ok.

They can be very persuasive and intimidating but just stand your ground and make sure you get a price and make sure it is for all 4 as they will try and say no the price we agreed was each.

birmingham
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Do you have a email address?

If so post it here and I will send you some photos of el gouna and giftun island to show you I guarentee you'll want to go.

Bolton Lancashire
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hi thanks for asking, my email is coleybear12@aol.com look forwarding to receiving them. I do appreciate you taking time and trouble to put our minds at rest....... Thanks Caroline...x

Cairo - Egypt
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hello, and welcome to Egypt.

Another good suggestion is hiring a FB boat trip for fishing, snorkeling, and sunbathing. Many services offer high quality boats with clean restrooms, decent cabins and great food. Nobody will sell you water or drinks after your meals!! LOL!

This will be a good idea if you like fishing, snorkeling, or willing to live this charming experience of day and night Red Sea fishing.

But please take a second opinion! Personally I'm a fishing addict, so fishing is what I always recommend!

Search the web for FB fishing or snorkeling charters in Egypt or Hurghada. If you don't find what you want, please let me know and I can help with the search.

Nice time.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

me and my friend are arriving on the 6th of july about 9.30pm there time.. we are both very english and our children will be with us we have a girl 16 another girl who is 12 and a boy of 11 we are all good fun so you wont be entirely surrounded by germans.

carlee ...x

Hurghada
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

hello there,

first of all I do not think that the germans in your hotel are the ones you have to worry about (smile).

the primasol beach is a mid-range hotel located about 25 minutes away from the airport and unfortunately like you say there is not much around. pretty much anything is a taxi ride away. There is no reason to go outside your hotel for a stroll, since this hotel is located on the main road between hurghada and safaga in what could only be described as a very sad desert with some building works going on.

taxi is not a problem (just remember that our society here is a male orientated society and woman are often taken for a ride).

we have now proper taxis here (they are orange and blue) and actually have a meter. even if you find one inside the hotel grounds (not likely) he can not charge you more than the meter says. of course when the cabbies see a foreigner entering their taxi than the meter is broken or set to norwegian or whatever or the favorite now is 'dont worry about the meter i make it cheaper for you' all rubbish. the meters work and if he does not want to switch it on GET OUT and do not argue. the next taxi is right there...

these taxis you will sometimes also find outside on the street in front of your hotel. again woman alone will have it very difficult. wolfwistling, sounding hornes and being approached by egyptian men is not unusual (more the rule).

somebody in this forum mentioned el gouna. please dont. el gouna is about 50km from your hotel and even thouh is has some nice beaches you will have to pay for everything (and el gouna is expensive) and for sure the water is the same as on your hotel beach.

somebody here also mentioned boat trips. under no circumstances book anything that is not thru your tour guide or the hotel. naive tourists are a goldmine...please do not end up on a boat full of egyptians and nobody else...maybe i sound a little strange but my wife and i live in hurghada for many years now and still she feels uncomfortable walking the street alone. it is a fact that egyptian men in hurghada think that foreign woman traveling alone (without men) are here for a bit of fun (i think you know what i mean). so please always remember that.

if you want to go outside your hotel make sure you have a foreign men with you even if it a german. trust me.....

close to your hotel is the titanic aquapark which is a fun place for the day for kids of any age. apart from that you find in the sakalla district an abundance of bars, clubs and restaurants once the hotel ghetto feeling sets in.

you can easily check where your hotel is in comparison to the rest of hurghada by going here www.hurghada-information.com.

hope this helps a bit.

andy wagner (oh no is he really german, oh yes he is)

www.hurghada-information.com

Bolton Lancashire
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hi Andy thanks for your reply,

A little late im afraid as it was last june (2006) that we went to Hurghada.

But thanks anyway,

Just thought id let you know, We met a German family whilst at the hotel and my daughter 16yr going on 21 with head screwed on went every where with the German son 19yr he took good care of her.

We al had a lovely holl apart from when we ventured twice into town and the egyptians drove us mad.

So yep your right, its not the germans you have to worry about when in eqypt.

We off to Sharm el sheik on Tuesday so we'll see what fun that brings,

Thanks again for reply..........caroline.

Healing
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Primasol Beach Albatross 30th JUNE 06

Hi

Well your not alone its my first time there and off on hol alone but flying on 29th . There is loads of differing info on here I am sure it will be great fun - I intend to make it either way if its not !!

Hope to catch up with you all there.

Celebrating my 40th on 30th so I may be around the bar at some point if you want to join me for a drink on arrival .

Mac