We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evenings

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Evenings

We are going to Hurghada in 4 weeks, stopping at Sunrise Resort, and I am not sure what clothes to pack for the evening / nights, I know it gets chilly, but is it to cold for summer clothes/ dresses?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evenings

You will need something warm for evenings - even in 4 weeks form now -I have been out tonight in wooly clothes, sheepskin jacket, boots and gloves and a scarf! But do not let that put you off as the last couple of days have been particularly cold with strong wind and that is when the temperature drops. However find a sheltered spot in the daytime in the sun and its a differwnt world - you will get a lovely tan. It all depends on the wind and no one can predict when it will blow but traditionally January and February are the coldest months!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evenings

I was in Hurghada at the end of Jan, beginning of February and found it quite chilly at night. However, we were always inside the hotel so a pashmina was adequate for to keep warm. It was not warm enough to have a drink outside IMHO.

In fact, we went to Sharm in March and although the days were superbly warm, the nights were very windy and cool. My last trip was in November 2012, and the evenings were quite balmy.

My advice is to pack layers and then you cannot go wrong.

3. Re: Evenings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 12, 2014