We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

Bolton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

Hi

Please anybody help me is this hotel good for people with mobility Problems and to use a wheelchair. Does anybody know if you collapse your wheelchair can you take it on the shuttle bus. And is there any shops out side of this hotel that you can go and have a look at or are you stuck to your hotel unless you use the shuttle bus or taxi.

Thank you

Helen

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

I cannot really advise you regarding the wheelchair access but I can tell you that the hotel is very isolated. There is nothing outside except desert.

We did not use the shuttle bus but chatted to some people who were anxious to go into Hurghada for shopping. I think it was around 45 minutes away. They booked the shuttle but when they went to use it, they were the only guests so the hotel laid on a free taxi for them.

We had a lovely time at the Palm Royale in November. So much so, we have already booked to return in June.

Bolton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

Hi

Thank you very much. I did get am email back from the hotel they did say if it was collapsed that the shuttle bus can take it Just wanted to make sure just in case you wanted to explore out of the hotel.. We have just booked for dec next year for my husbands 40th Birthday Realy looking forward to going.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

we have just returned from palm royale having spent three weeks there we are well travelled people and this place is paradise they make you feel so special nothing is too much trouble my husband has got some job on his hands following in the footsteps kathy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

we have just spent three weeks in paradise at the palm royale hotel soma bay we feel like very special people more to follow only been back twelve hours peter and kate

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

The local shuttle bus is not suitable for a wheel chair sorry to have to inform you of this

All the best

Paddy

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

Hi

Just wondering if there is a shuttle bus that can take us to hurghada and how much it costs or if not how much taxis cost?

7. Re: Palm Royale Soma Bay Shuttle Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 05, 2014