We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local area safety

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cannock, United...
1 post
Save Topic
local area safety

Hi, I am thinking of going to hurghada in May and stopping at one of the resorts. i want to do a cairo excursion(fly) Can anyone tell me what the situation is in the local area. Can you venture out safely. I dont want any significant risk as got my 3 kids(16,12,11) I do like to see the local area and dont really want to be by the pool or worse feel like I cant venture out.thanks

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: local area safety

Who knows what the situation is going to be like in May? That doesn't only apply to Egypt, it applies to many other countries in the world where the situation is a bit volatile. If there are still demonstrations in Cairo it is best to follow the FCO advice about travelling to Egypt, especially Cairo. I was in Cairo during the Revolution two years ago and avoided trouble completely although I saw some of it.. The maxim is keep away from it, avoid crowds and demonstrations, and do not express opinions about what is going on. If you have children and there it is still serious political unrest, it will be best to avoid Cairo altogether. One can be walking along the street minding one's own business and being hit by a flying brick which hasn't been directed at you!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: local area safety

its little bit early to know the situation in May even for us as an Egyptian for sure if its quite in Cairo you should come and see the pyramids and the museum this is the highlight in Cairo and its better to use Egypt air flights

3. Re: local area safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada