We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

Pleasr can anyone tell me what had the more legroom from Gatwick, going Easter 2013 and not sure which airline to go with!

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

Hi Donut, we came back yesterday after two weeks at Jungle Aqua Park and we flew with Thomson. We weren't impressed with either plane or the seats on our flights there and home. We had very little legroom, no entertainment (5 and 1/2 hour flight coming home)- not even a screen with a map showing us our location. Plus we had the same family behind us there and back who kicked our seats for a good 5 hours! We've vowed not to go with Thomson on a flight for that length of time again. We didn't look at TC because of their financial difficulties but may do if their flights are any better.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

I honestly don't think there is a lot between them. We flew TC to Hurghada last year and both ways the plane was filthy, the food diabolical and no entertainment. (I bury my head in a Kindle anyway) Coming back we had silly old women kicking our seats with their version of exercise they claimed ..... they were bevied more like. So bad behaviour is not restricted to the young

( I have MY senior moments LOL).

2012 and Taba and Thomson and no entertainment,diabolical food over 5 1/2 hours in a narrow seat (albeit with some more leg room but at least the plane was cleaner.

Now if someone can explain this I'd be grateful.Why when leaving a seat do some people grab the back of MINE to assist their exit instead of their own? Snarl......

northampton
Level Contributor
174 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

If other people behaved it wouldn't be so bad! We paid for our extra leg room - on the way over the man sitting behind us had his spoilt brat grandson running to see him and playing games on the floor in front of us!!! On the way back we sighed with relief that they were not behind us but this time two lots of friends decided to stand in our space to chat - and got really rude when we pointed out we had paid for that space!!! To be fair the cabin staff did tell them to move. When will the travel companies realise that a bit better service - like room to fit your legs in - would mean more repeat business!

Lochgelly, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

I booked 34 inch seats with jet 2 and they have emailed me this week saying all seats are now 28 inches, so much for booking early.

25. Re: Seat pitch Thomson v Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada