We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is hurghada like?

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
What is hurghada like?

We like the look of the sunrise holidays resort with the sea pool. However I wondered what is hurghada like? We have been to Marsa Alam a few times and love it because it's quiet, but a few shops wouldn't go miss. Is hurghada quiet? Is the hotel we like the look of in a quiet spot? Thanks in advance.

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is hurghada like?

That good eh?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is hurghada like?

Hurghada is amazing, the sunrise mamlouk palace is the best hotel there. Not much hassle as in sharm with people trying to sell to you, it you want to relax, i would definatly recommemd

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is hurghada like?

Hi Dgbys

I have seen you on the Marsa Alam forum, My husband and I always went to the dreams Beach Marsa Alam untill Thomas Cook pulled the plug.

We are off the the Sunrise Holidays Resort in November this year.

From What I believe Hurghada it is a traditional working town with some newer bits that have been added over the yrs. ie The Marina where there are modern shops and restaurants, also The Senzo Mall, a modern western type shopping mall with fixed priced shops.

You can walk to the town from The Sunrise so in that respect it is not like Marsa.

When are you thinking of going?

Karen

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is hurghada like?

Easter 2013, should be available to book shortly, we like to get in quick because of taking kids in the holidays as gcse will be under way. It just getting harder to get to Marsa alam so we are looking at other options :(

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is hurghada like?

Hi

I believe the Sunrise Holidays Resort is going adults only from November this yr.

Have a look at the sunrise mamlouk, my sister also stayed there and loved it.

Karen

London
Level Contributor
419 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is hurghada like?

Have you considered El Gouna, which is around 25 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Hurghada. Its a more upmarket resort, but generally quite quiet, but with plenty to do. Lovely marinas, restaurants and shops. Have a look at www.elgouna.com to get an idea of it. Hurghada is a very large sprawling resort, and not everybodies cup of tea. Should you wish to experience Hurghada, whilst staying in El Gouna, you can hop on the local bus or get a taxi easily. There is a separate forum on here for El Gouna. Alternatively, if you like really, really quiet, look at Sahl Hasheesh, at the southern end of Hurghada. Stunning bay with a few hotels and apartments open, a few restaurants and a few shops, but again just a short taxi ride from Hurghada. Its still very much under construction, but what has been done is lovely.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is hurghada like?

Hi got back from Hughada last week. We stayed at Sentigo Crystal Bay. Fab Hotel. Fairly quiet. Across the road were a dozen or so shops some fixed prices. We took a short trip by taxi about 20 mins to Hughada town. We were took to the main street there and its about the length of Oxford Strret London with fixed price stores and haggle stores. So we found this hotel best of both worlds..quiet when we needed it but still able have my shopping fix. Its only 20 mins from airport. Some planes come over every day but soon you dont notice them. Would book again definately

S:)

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is hurghada like?

Oh that would be so typical if the hotel we like goes adults only. Our 5 yr old would love the little lagoon there. I might give el gouna a look, might be more our type of resort. We like very quiet :)

9. Re: What is hurghada like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, September 26, 2011
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
634 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is hurghada like?

If you like a qiuet and relaxing place to have a holiday look no further than El Gouna, fantastic little place, nice resorts, very safe, no hassle from shopkeepers. Most hotels are set in beautiful lagoons.

Get answers to your questions about Hurghada