We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
570 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cigarettes

Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a change for next year (2012) after several visits to Sharm.

I`m liking the look of the Mamlouk but is it possible to buy cigarettes at this hotel or any nearby shops ?

We usually have L&M`s, does anyone know any prices please

Also, is a visa needed for this area as I`ve never needed one in Sharm.

Cheers for looking.

Notts
Level Contributor
637 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes

you will need a visa just to get into hurghada, if you look on the left of the forum page it will answer all your visa questions as for cigs i think there are some shops nearby, hurghada is very different to sharm its not so polished, but it is how sharm would have been 10years ago, another 5years and it will be the same, the mamlouk is a great hotel, we always go with the sunrise group.

hope this helps a bit regards sandie

Notts
Level Contributor
637 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes

you will need a visa just to get into hurghada, if you look on the left of the forum page it will answer all your visa questions as for cigs i think there are some shops nearby, hurghada is very different to sharm its not so polished, but it is how sharm would have been 10years ago, another 5years and it will be the same, the mamlouk is a great hotel, we always go with the sunrise group.

hope this helps a bit regards sandie

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes

Yes you can buy cigarettes at both the mamlouk and locally at the shops in the area as already mentiond please read the visa regulations unlike Sharm you must purchase a visa to enter this particular part of egypt all the best

Paddy

UK
Level Contributor
370 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes

L&Ms in April at the supermarkets were 80 L.E. a carton of 200.

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes

Thanks everyone, no doubt I`ll have some more questions soon.

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes

The ciggies are alot more expensive at the hotel but if you just cross the road there are a row of shops that sell them alot cheaper just be careful of the fake ones i dont smoke but i have heard they are rank.....

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes

Good point princessrhy the cigs across the road are a lot cheaper than at the Mamlouk and if you are prepared to haggle you will get them for a good price and welcome as a DE princessrhy all the best and Happy holidays

Paddy

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes

Aah thank you Paddy!!!!!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarettes

No Probs great to have you on-board all the best

Paddy

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigarettes

Quick note for those who know Southern Hurghada just up the road going northwards from the Mamlouk on the other side of the road there is a small row of shops directly across from the Sentido Crystal Bay the first shop in this row has some really cheap prices for cigarettes have found them to be just about the cheapest all the be best

Paddy