We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hurghada to luxor by bus??

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hurghada to luxor by bus??

We are travelling to hurghada late august and have booked a three day stay in luxor.

what is the best and most cost effective way of getting to luxor from hurghada and back? I heard that the govt bus service is not all that efficient. are there private coach companies which do the trip?

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

Hell there and welcome to Tripadvisor there are a number of buses that run from Hurghada to Luxor on a daily basis prices start from about 40LE that is about £5.30 each way The Upper Egypt Bus Company operates at 10:00 13:30 19:30 22:30 01:00 03:00 from Hurghada returning they operate 06:30 08:30 10:30 14:30 19:00 20:00 21:00 daily from Market Street this is just across the road from the Luxor temple, there are various points in Hurghada best way is to get a taxi from your hotel and as them to take you to the Upper Egypt Bus Company Main Bus station all the best

Paddy

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

many thanks. do all the operators start from this station? do you have to buy tickets for different operators from different booths or is there a common booth for all?

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

You will find that you will be able to book tickets from the local agent at the terminal I am sure you will get a good deal, I noted in your earlier that there were some concerns about the efficientcy of the local operators since early 2008 new regulations have been in place that have made local serivces come in to line with private services this includes better coaches being used in some case and better maintained vehicles, now this is law serivces in general have improved vastly, I hope you have a great trip to Luxor from Hurghada all the best

Paddy

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

thank you for this info. excellent.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

Would you recommend the bus service from hurghada to luxor and luxor to hurghada. We are leaving from hurghada to pick up nile cruise for a week and coming back to hurghada at the end of the cruise. Do you know how long the trip using the bus service takes. The private transfer is 4 hours but a lot more expensive than the bus. Have you travelled on the bus service from hurghada to luxor.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

Hello there I have travelled on the bus from Hurghada to Luxor many times and have never had any problems normally it takes between four to five hours but this does depend on the time of day you are going at and local traffic conditions single journey tourist prices start at about £5.20 GPB and can be brought on the day of travel I hope this information is of some use to you and if you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me all the best.

Paddy

kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

Hi Patrick, I have a question which I hope you can answer. We will be arriving in Luxor via the overnight train from Cairo which arrives early morning. We want to travel straight on to Hurgada by bus. Have you any idea where the bus company is in Luxor to buy the tickets, what time it opens and what bus company is best for time and price. Can you also on the same day buy a return ticket for a week later? Hope you can help. With thanks victoria.

8. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, October 20, 2009
9. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, October 20, 2009
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hurghada to luxor by bus??

I think you will find the first bus operates from Market Street to Hurghada around 06.30 in the morning the company that operates the service is Upper Egypt Bus Company the price varies from season to season but normally costs around 25LE each way around 3,60 British sterling each direction you may well have to buy singles in each direction as well all the best.

Paddy