We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makadi Palace

Northwich, England
4 posts
Save Topic
Makadi Palace

I am thinking of going to the Makadi Palace in November - has anyone got an update of the building work and can give me some feedback on the hotel - accommodation, food, service, location. It is featured in the Airtours Winter brochure and looks to be complete. I understand it is in-the-middle-of-nowhere, however I want a relaxing holiday this will suit me fine?

How is the AI - Food/Drink.

Any replies would be gratefully received so I can book some winter sun.

1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Makadi Palace

As posted earlier we spent Christmas in the Grand Makadi and I can safely say this was one of the BEST most relaxing holidays I have ever had. The post about the beach being filled with bulldozers is a simple LIE.

There is work going on adjacent to the Makadi/Grand Makadi but the beach is completely peaceful and plenty of loungers, peace etc.

There are many restaurants with an excellent range of food and plentiful supply of drinks etc during the day and during lunch and dinner. 6 yo daughter had a great time paddling and sunning and plenty of other mostly German families. Very warm welcoming hotel and I fully intend to return. Junior suite was airy and extremely clean.

Not impressed with Hurghada town, lots of hassle from shopkeepers and singularly NOT impressed with the Grand Hotel (shuttle free from Grand Makadi) It was smokey, grubby. VERY glad that I changed from Grand Hotel to Grand Makadi. Not impressed with negative posts about this hotel and I am happy to respond to emails: jojobt9@yahoo.com

Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Makadi Palace

Don't call me a liar mate. There WAS building work going on at the beach at Makadi Palace. The relaxing and decent beach was the part over in the Grand Makadi. This part of the beach was very nice if you can get a decent spot. Just a shame there is no real beach bar without having to walk for a while but maybe that will be built in due course. And also make sure you have your reef shoes as the sea is very rocky as you enter.