We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh - Deluxe Rooms

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh - Deluxe Rooms

We are staying at the Oberoi for 2 weeks in December in a Deluxe Room. Do the courtyards have sun loungers in them? Also be grateful if you could provide prices of meals/drinks in restaurant as we are only half board. Any idea what the weather is like in December? And finally thought about upgrading to a room with a pool when we get there, if it's possible, has anyone else done this.

Many thanks!

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh - Deluxe Rooms

hi there,

we came back from the oberoi a week ago and are missing it already! We stayed in a deluxe room - sea view but no dvd player and no sun lounger in courtyard either. If you ugrade to a superior deluxe you get beach location and sun lounger as well as dvd player. I'm not sure that it's worth upgrading to a pool room as the pool's a bit small and I think it's very pricey for what it is. Besides, the main pool is lovely with very efficient drinks service!

Meal prices are not dissimilar to London but the quality is very good. A fish main in the Pergola restaurant (overlooking the sea, very romantic) is about £12 - £13 and steak in the main restaurant. Lunch mains usually around the £7 - 8 mark. A beer (Stella brewed locally) costs equivalent of £3 and as for the wine - I recommend you stay away from the Egyptian stuff but unfortunately, there's not much choice of wines by the glass. Average price for mediocre French wine is about £30!! We bought some mini bottles of champagne at the airport, kept them in the mini bar fridge and had lovely pre-dinner drinks instead!

I don't know what the weather is like in December but I'll know you'll have a great time at this amazing hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh - Deluxe Rooms

Thanks bluecat - appreciate the advice! Cant wait to go.

Get answers to your questions about Hurghada