We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to Sharm El-shejk

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
134 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Boat to Sharm El-shejk

I will be staying in Hurghada a couple of days and would then like to go to Sharm el sheikh to stay there for 2 nights (or is it better to go to Dahab directly and skip Sharm El Sheik?)

How much is the ferry or boat transfer to Sharm El Sheik? Are there many travel options to choose from? How often do the boats leave the pier? Do you have too book in advance? and any more advisory would be nice :) Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

Hi see here for ferry info http://www.ask-aladdin.com/ferries.html it is also quite cheap to fly with Egyptair from Hurghada to Sharm ( some flights for £12.50 each way ).

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
134 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

That link did not work.

Oslo
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

Oh yes it works, for sure, and there are many informations.

Luxor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

Ferry Boat from Hurghada to Sharm El Sheik 250 LE

SA , Mo , Tu ,Th at 9.30 you have to be there at 8

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

Hi Strober, we have an apartment in Hurghada and the ferry seems a nice idea! Doesn't always go on time and sometimes comes back days later than it should do, so if you want to go to Sharm take an internal flight and it's cheap.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

Hi, just back from Hurghada.

We tried to book a trip to Sharm with the ferrycompany. "Maybe go on tuesday, maybe saturday, but for sure go next week. Come back tomorrow and call me"

The ferries are not operating by the given timetable if they are operating at all. If I were you I would take the flight.

7. Re: Boat to Sharm El-shejk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, September 29, 2009