We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

Booked to go to Desert Rose later this year.

Was browsing some of the latest TA reviews out of interest and there seems to be a large number of glowing reviews from members with only 1 post all mentioning the Management by name and singling him out for special praise. along with minimal information about the hotel and it's amenities

I know we all have to start with only 1 post and maybe the Management is just exceptional at his job but it does make me wonder why, IF, the reviews are dodgy, a hotel would need/want fake positive reviews.

Anyone been to Desert Rose lately who maybe hasn't posted a full review but could comment on their recent experience at this hotel?

6 replies to this topic
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

Review manipulation. Happens all the time on TA. Check out the reviews on Booking.com as they paint a fairer picture.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,927 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

Wasn't this topic covered?

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
3. Re: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
4. Re: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

A similar topic was covered for a different hotel.

York
Level Contributor
152 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

I'm booked for February 2019. I heard on other social media outlets that yes, there are a LOT of fake reviews.

TBH, when scrolling down I simply look at the reviewer first and only read the reviews of those who have written several BUT I then look at their other reviews because seemingly some people are just professional moaners and very pessimistic!!! So I take what i read with a pinch of salt.

Level Contributor
501 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?

Big Hotel, nice Beach and big as well so you will always find sunbed.

Some of the rooms needs a little repair and hope they did repair it.

You will be lucky to get a room closer to the beach at the same time near the main restaurant cause it is a long distance to walk if you have a small kid πŸ˜„ it is also far if you get one of the last rooms and needed something from the reception 😏😏😏

The have nice restaurants and tasty food but you have to book it to get spot 😠😠

If you know someone inside it will be easy getting a table even if they say we don't "available" table 😠

The main restaurant have the same food almost every day so booking more than one week and trust you will get sick of it and might hate the hotel for that .

They have playground, kids swimming pool.

One more thing: you have to wake up early if you are a pool person to get a spot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The most annoying thing for me was knowing someone inside to get a spot in one of the restaurant because we were 9 and they had 7 spots "available" like getting a chair for a 3 and 5 years old will be a big "issue" for them 😏😏😏 they don't even count πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Reply to: Desert Rose reviews fact or fiction?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted