We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is it to travel to hurghada

1 post
How safe is it to travel to hurghada

Hi was thinking of traveling to hurghada with my girlfriend and 4 year old son around July time this year but have been told by people that they would go here as it's unsafe, so was woundering just how safe it is ??

23 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,504 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

Assuming the visitor uses ordinary common sense, it’s safe enough and no doubt safer than the UK, the US and most of Europe. I have no idea of who is telling you it isn’t safe but I’m willing to wager they haven’t been there.

Edited: 1:40 pm, January 15, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

Lloyd

Stop thinking about going. Book it and go.

Have a lovely time.

Anthony

Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

No where on this planet is safe!!Have been to Hurghada 5 times in last 4 years, never a problem anywhere I've visited so book and enjoy!! You'll rebook after your first trip!!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
338 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

I agree with Beckett Rob and Anthony,. How safe is anywhere these days. I felt safer in Hurghads last year than I did in Barcelona and London. There have been four fatal stabbings in London since Xmas.

In Hurghada? Zero.

The president is an army general. He wants to ensure his counry is safe. You will experience multiple road blocks from and to the airport.

There are squads of armed miliary police patrolling Hurghada.

I have never felt safer in any destination.

sussex
Level Contributor
53 posts
5. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

I am in hurghada now, and for the next four weeks. Been coming here for 10 years. At the time of there first revolution I went out shopping and left the french doors open (would not do that in uk) couple of hours later return home and behold someone climbed up and stole my laptop. Within 3 days the guy was caught trying to sell at 2nd hand store, he was in court within week and got 3 yrs in jail. The judge told me egypt relies on tourism and wants us to feel safe. , u will find even walking in the residential areas, where I live someone is always watching and they know any strangers and will generally look after you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

I am about to turn 66. I have been mugged once, had a sports bag taken when in a Train Station Ticket queue once and foiled a fumbling pickpocket once. All in London.

I have visited more Towns, Villages & Cities, around the World, than I have had hot dinners (I eat a lot of salads) and never been a victim of a crime outside of my home City.

Hurghada has been my holiday resort, of choice, five times in the last three years and will be again next September.

Enjoy

Anthony

Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

I have been visiting for lots of years now. Last year convinced my daughter and her 1 year old to join me. She was really worried just like you. She loved it and felt really really safe and now we are due to go back on our 3rd trip in a year. Go and enjoy. ps the Egyptians will totally spoil your little one. They genuinely adore children x

8. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

Hi there

What is your fav resort? We are planning a trip down there for our honeymoon

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

Very safe and no reason to worry about going!

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
130 reviews
10. Re: How safe is it to travel to hurghada

I read an article today saying Egypt is 16th safest country in the world....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44467975

Edited: 8:26 am, July 25, 2018
Reply to: How safe is it to travel to hurghada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted