We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pharmacy in Hurgarda

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pharmacy in Hurgarda

Having had many holidays in Egypt, there is obviously two pricing structures: one for locals and one for Tourists.

Imagine our surprise when we were charged 20% of the price, for the same item, that we had purchased 6 months earlier, 100 yards down the same street

Speaking to the owner, he (along with, it seems, an increasing number of local traders) is getting a tad peeved with the mindset that if you're wearing a wrist band you will pay anything.

so, to cut along story short,

if you're along Sheraton Street, and in need of a Pharmacy, check out

Dr Neveen's

2 doors to the right of GAD, and three from Moby Dick's

9 replies to this topic
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

apologies for the misspelling...

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

There is a page on facebook called, Hurghada online pharmacy if you need to ask about anything prices, medications, medical advices. Hope it helps.

Halifax
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

El ezaby pharmacy really cheap 66 egyptian pounds for 2 lots of tablets for stomach and diorreah in September delivered to hotel they open 24/7 always use them if needed

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

the problem is most people who work at pharmacies in Hurghada are not pharmacists they are sales men hired to rip the tourists off.

Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

Hi Amanda,

The one that costed 66 le. Costs around 20 le. For Egyptian and for me that pharmacy is really expensive, I have tried it one time and never again.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
329 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

I have also noticed that prices have halved since the devaluation of the Egyptian Pound. Whilst I feel sorry for them as they are having to pay more, for the tourist there are many bargains to be had.

My wife paid all of 24 Egyptian Pounds for a large pot of face cream. That is the equivelant of £1. and she swears by it, it's the best cream she has ever had. It's called Evia. You will also find it in supermarkets.

One day we went to a local supermarket and fill two bags with Orange Juice Milk Cheese Grapes, two full bags, and were shocked that it cost just the equivelant of £2 at the checkout.

We dined out in a small street off Sheri and had the 'Chicken Meal' consisting of soup, grilled chicked, a large playe of rice, salad and thaini each. It came to £1.50 per meal. And it was delicious. A large glass of ice cold Stella will set you back just 17 Egyptian Pounds at the Golf Hotel at the beginning of Sheraton St.

Bargains are definitely to be had right now.

Edited: 4:56 am, November 27, 2017
Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

Pharmacy prices have always been a point of contention.

I do not doubt that sometimes many try it on which is the norm as we all know.

Living here and the difference between tourist price and local price simply do not exist and it is a tourist pharmacy..

1 thing to be aware of all reputable medication and others in Egypt have the price stamped on the box so always try and see the box and once it is spotted you will have no trouble with a Pharmacist.

I should point out that do not expect them to be actual pharmacists with qualifications.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

If you have problems, get a member of staff or Egyptian friends to purchase the medication or tablets for you, and you'll pay the correct prices.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
329 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pharmacy in Hurgarda

The pharmacies we used were 15 kilometres outside of Hurghada, closer to our hotel in the Fayrouz/AlAhyia area.

There was an actual pharmacist there and he was very honest. Prices were a fracttion of what you would pay here.

Edited: 6:31 am, November 27, 2017
Reply to: Pharmacy in Hurgarda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada