We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook flights?

Wirral
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook flights?

Hi, I may be overly paranoid but I've booked a flight to Hurghada for the 14/03 next year, and have since discovered that they have 2 flights going on the same date only 45 minutes apart! Is this something anyone else has heard of? My worry is that the 2 flights will be amalgamated, or one cancelled, and there'll be issues with my extra leg room - I get terrible back ache if I can't stretch out!!

TIA

20 replies to this topic
Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
53 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

Why not contact the airline helpline and see if they have any information on the flights.

Other than that I guess that you will just have to hope for the best.

Good luck

Edited: 2:04 am, November 21, 2017
London, United...
Level Contributor
7,424 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

I feel that your worrying may be a storm in an egg-cup.

If you have reserved a numbered seat and paid for extra legroom then I am very confident that your reservation will be honoured.

If you were to look at Flight Websites, offering seats to Hurghada, you would, very soon, become aware that many operators, not only Thomas Cook, offer seats on Thomas Cook Airlines.

Cheers

Anthony

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
721 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

Are they both Thomas Cook flights? We have often found that Thomas Cook and other airlines arrive within a short space of time between them.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

it is quite common for the larger airline companies to have multiple flights leaving within a short time span to the same destination and also flights from different UK airports scheduled to arrive around the same time.

This is cheaper for them as the staff, reps, hotels etc at the other end are not waiting around all day for the next flight to arrive, transportation to take you to your final destination may be amalgamated across flights but by the time you clear the airport and load onto your shuttle bus you wouldn't know, plus the hotels and resorts want all of the old guests away, the rooms cleaned and the new guests in place as quickly as possible.

Don't worry about it just relax and enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,223 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

@#4- makes sense 🍻

Edited: 10:51 am, November 22, 2017
england
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

so that is why there is that god almighty crush at arrivals in Hurghada and departure two weeks later, to save the airlines money, why didn't I think of that Rick....

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

I wouldn't worry too much. We just flew Thomas Cook and the cabin crew were saying the flights are very often full. In fact, ours was the first flight with a few empty seats they had seen in a long time. I imagine they have put on a second flight at a similar time so the reps and transfers can all be around at the same time 😊

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

will people still be able to go to Hurghada since recent trouble , there going first week in February 2018

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

@ 8. There hasn't been any recent trouble in or anywhere near Hurghada since the stabbings on the beach in the summer has there?

We flew TC in October and flight was half empty. It was great!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,424 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook flights?

See the thread "Yet another bad news."

Cheer

Anthony

Reply to: Thomas Cook flights?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada