We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Pool

Port Said, Egypt
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Private Pool

Hello,

Does anyone here know a place where i can rent a villa with a private pool that is not exposed to neighbors?

have seen many villas on TA but from the photos they are all exposed to neighbors from next villas.

simple enough, i would like to enjoy a pool without being exposed to people anyway.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
634 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Private Pool

We have booked villas through owners direct website. They do all seem to have neighbours. We have never been bothered by the neighbours looking in (although I guess they could!) What I found more disconcerting was the pool maintenance guys, gardeners and pest controllers who turn up randomly and unannounced at different points in the day. Obviously they were only doing their job, but if I was alone around the pool some of them (not all) made me feel uncomfortable.

Port Said, Egypt
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Private Pool

Hello Wendy,

Thanks for your useful reply, of course maintenance guys show up unannounced is unpleasant, was there no way of locking the villa entrance so no one would enter with no permission?

on the other hand, for me neighbors being able to look in does not give the desired privacy.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
634 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Private Pool

The villas we stayed in were all on lagoons - so anyone can in theory enter from the lagoon side as that is where they walk along. Anyone can walk along the lagoon front really as these parts are not private. We stayed in three different villas and it was always the same with the maintenance men. I can't honestly remember if there was access from the front, although there probably was. The villas we stayed in were private from neighbours in that they couldn't look in from either side, but could walk down to the lagoon and in front of the pool area. Hope that makes some kind of sense!!

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
236 reviews
4. Re: Private Pool

We've stayed in many villas over the years and whilst they are in close proximity none of them were overlooked unless of course someone was in an upstairs room of a neighbouring property and purposefully looking over, although why someone would do that I do not know? Not all villas are rented out and on most occasions we have not had any neighbours.

All the villas we have stayed in have had open access from both the front and back but other than the pool and garden attendants we have not been disturbed and have usually found these people to be very discreet.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
606 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Private Pool

Stay in a Hill Villa, they are all surrounded by walls. ;)

6. Re: Private Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 03, 2017
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna