We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Chap in El Gouna

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Single Chap in El Gouna

Hi Im a single chap (36) from uk and have come to El Gouna to learn to kite surf. Finding it pretty lonely tho with no one to chat to or go out and hang around with. Its a lovely place. Where is a good place to meet people?

Thanks, Stu.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Chap in El Gouna

hello stu

try and get to smugglers bar down the marina as your walking along the marina theres like a wooden pirate pointing along a narrow alley its run by richard from brighton and theres nearly always a couple of brits in if you just want someone to chat with and the pasties are nice

cheers geordie norm

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Chap in El Gouna

Thanks Norm, ill give it a look see.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Chap in El Gouna

no problem

me and the mrs love it there 5 times now last time at christmas was for a month in a rented apartment

looking forward to going back for a month in october

also try jobos bar downtown you cant miss it in the centre football scarfs on the ceiling plenty brits in there on a monday used to be free heinekin from 7-9 on a monday

anymore questions or help just ask

cheers geordie norm

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Chap in El Gouna

I think I'm right in saying that Peanuts Bar at the TCOV in the Marina also has a friendly atmosphere where Brits tend to meet (as Thomas Cook guests). Haven't stayed there myself, but you don't have to be a resident to go. Definitely go to Smugglers though - it's tiny so you can't help but chat to your neighbour!

Cheers♥

El Gouna, Egypt
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Chap in El Gouna

Hi Stu,

This is Gareth at Emperor Divers in the Moevenpick.

Another good place to try would be the Clubhouse in the Downtown area. This is more-or-less opposite the Dawar El Omda hotel and close to the Sultan Bey hotel. With great food, music and atmosphere, it's more like a beach bar, frequented by ex-pats, tourists and locals alike. It's a great place to hang out in the day too, has a lovely pool with loungers as well as a beach. I believe they also have a few watersports items to rent, possibly things like paddleboards etc.

Hope this is of help, have a great holiday,

Gareth.

6. Re: Single Chap in El Gouna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations