We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dahab Weather in August

Egypt
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dahab Weather in August

Hi

Me & my family have booked for a 1 week vacation in dahab starting at 20 August..so, i was wondering ..is the weather ok for us to swim & have a nice time there?..or should we cancel the reservation & go for somewhere else?

Thanks in Advance

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dahab Weather in August

Hello,

I was in dahab in August last year for a few days as part of a tour of egypt. The weather was absolutely beautiful. It was nearing 40 degrees but because of its geography there's a really nice breeze there that helps you stay cool. Also because its such dry heat you dont really get uncomfortable and sticky. make sure you keep applying the sunblock though. Although you cant always feel it you may be getting sunburned. i'm not sure about swimming as such.our hotel had its own salt water swimming pool but that was because the beach near us wasn't suitable for swimming. maybe ask your hotel about its location.

just one other thing to note. The taps in dahab are salt water(where we were anyway),so its salt water showers and brushing your teeth with bottled water. soap doesnt really lather so its best to bring shower gels or wahes.

hopefully that will help a bit. there are so many activities to do in dahab (scuba diving, snorkelling, horse riding, sandboarding etc) and its very laid back too.great for just relaxing.

2. Re: Dahab Weather in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dahab