We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Hiya.

I'm going to Dahab in June to relax, swim & dive. I'm going alone. I just want to know if Dahab is safe for lone females & any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

"The theat of terrorism is VERY real"

You OBVIOUSLY have never been to Dahab Frances and neither of your two posts show anything to even relate to being there. Of COURSE there are other beautiful and quiet places in the world, but people travel to see diversity, so, what is your background here Frances?????....unless of course you are a terrorist preparing us for something?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Too late to edit my previous post, but you mentioned earlier that you lived in Dahab for a few years. Why on EARTH would you start posting such statements now, after all these "years"???? Egypt has always been a hotspot. What do you know that others don't if you can make such broad statements as the threat of terrorism is VERY real? Would LOVE to know.

23. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:27 pm, May 27, 2014
Sharm El Sheikh...
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

ya am sure

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

It's as safe as generally any place would be for a woman to be on her own. The women from my group felt safe enough to walk around at night. Obviously they got the usual "your pretty" "would you like go for a drink with me" from some locals but never felt unsafe or uncomfortable

Hastings
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Hi, yes its safe but I agree you might get some unwelcome interest from Egyptian men, just be firm with them and you should be OK. Stay at the Happy Life Village, its great and I know a few lone female travellers that have been fine there, its really quiet and the staff will look after you especially well once they know you are on your own...

Jackie

2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Hello - I'm off to Dahab too later this week. Did you manage to get travel insurance...? I'm really struggling. Have a great holiday. WeezaFly

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Try: spencer@think-ins.co.uk. Had very good quote today.

2 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Thanks Jane - Spencer was great. WeezaFly

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Is Dahab safe for solo female traveller?

Spent a week in Dahab recently at the end of May with a female friend on a diving holiday. Putting aside any threat of terrorism (which does not discriminate any sex or age) I found Dahab to be very safe. People were welcoming and very charming. In fact there was less of the pester factor to eat in restaurants than there has been in previous years, which is surprising considering that the local people really need our custom.

We travelled from the hotel to the town in local taxis, I would have felt happy to walk the distance but the taxi drivers need our custom too so we were happy to pay the small fares. I would be happy to return and fully intend to next year if not before. I much prefer Dahab to Sharm.

Be prepared for a quiet time as Dahab is suffering from a lack of tourists at the moment.

Get answers to your questions about Dahab