We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Dahab with the Curfew

Cairo
1 post
Save Topic
Getting to Dahab with the Curfew

Hello Everyone!

I'm currently living in Cairo and I'm wanting to travel to Dahab next month. I've heard a lot of rumors about the trip taking 15-20 hours because of night busses stopping for the curfew. Is this true? I have a very limited time (4days only) that I can travel and I would prefer to not spend most of it on a bus.

Also, I would like to climb Mt. Sinai at night to see the sunrise. Is this not allowed because of the curfew?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Dahab with the Curfew

You could either take the bus all the way to Dahab, ( it goes down the west coast of Sinai and through Sharm ), but most likely you will have to take a day bus and there will be delays at the check points, so I would estimate a trip could last about 10 hours. Or you fly... but domestic air-fares have become very expensive at times in recent months. Probably best to try out Smart Aviation - they charge at the moment LE 465 each way. Then you ask the hotel or camp in Dahab where you are staying to arrange transfers - expect to pay LE 200 or so each way.

For the trip up Mount Sinai I would recommend climbing in the afternoon to see the sunset, I have put more information here...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297554-i13653-k68…

2. Re: Getting to Dahab with the Curfew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dahab