We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beer

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
beer

Can anyone tell me the price of beer in Dahab? I assume it,s all bottled or is draught available? What sort of quality is it?

whitcop?

Scotland
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beer

Phil will be here in a bit.

Stella (not Artois), Sakkara and Heineken are the bottled beers. Go for about LE15 to LE20 in the bars. Cheaper from the bottle shops - Drinkies in Assalah and Abenob in Masbat. The Furry Cup on Blue Beach sometimes has imported bottled beer. Draught is thin on the ground. Churchill's at Red Sea Relax claims to have the coldest and cheapest and that's probably about right although some of the restaurants around the Funny Mummy part of the strip sometimes offer beers for LE12 to get you in to browse the menu.

Cheers!

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beer

Sorry. Cant help much with this one. Only ever bought bottled beer in Red Sea Relax and Blue Beach but cant remember what I paid! I don't think it was expesive.

Phil

Scotland
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beer

Oh, aye. Someone once bought me a couple of cans of some high-strength German-looking beer in the Tree Bar. It was lethal. I didn't go back for more of the beer or the Tree Bar.

Dahab
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beer

Bottles of Sakkara are 7LE, stella cans are cheaper - I think 6LE. Heineken is more expensive and smaller bottles. Quality is fine for all mentioned - its just larger. You can also pick up a tray of Grolsch at the airport, which I think is pretty good value too.

Saint Catherine...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beer

7LE for 500ml Stella/Sakkara in the bottle shops (bottle or can)

10LE for 500ml bottles during happy hour on the main strip (some bars have happy hour from 5 till 9pm). 12LE at Red Sea Resort any time of day.

This is all lager... you can get stronger beers at the bottle shops (12LE).

How I know all this?...

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beer

The beer is ok but whatever the cost you need to add 10% service charge and 12% sales tax to everything. I think it is roughly LE25 plus the charges

Saint Catherine...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beer

I don't know where you are drinking, but I don't know any watering hole in Dahab that does service charge or sales tax...

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beer

I'm sure I only paid about 14LE.

Scotland
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beer

I think we can all agree, it's available and affordable!

South Sinai
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beer

The sales tax and service charge that Geordie_Duo mentioned is found only in the big hotels. Small hotels and restaurants do not charge this. The prices people have given you so far are accurate, from 7 in the shops to 10or 15 in the restaurants. Please note that if you want to buy beer in a shop and save some money, there are a few shops in Dahab which sell alchol but not nearly as many as you will find in a Western country.

I hope this information helps, and I hope to see y ou in Dahab.

Joseph

Get answers to your questions about Dahab