We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas/New year

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Xmas/New year

I would like to visit Dahab in December/January. Is Christmas and New Year celebrated? What sort of weather could I expect? Wouldn,t mind getting a tan! Is there much to do at night? Bars, clubs etc?

Dahab
Level Contributor
142 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas/New year

Dear Silver Fox,

Yes Christmas and New Year are fun times in Dahab, with many of the hotels offering gala dinners and shows. Normally Christmas dinner is served in the evening of 24th Dec.

The weather normally averages 20-25 degrees during the day so lovely to get a tan. When the sun goes down it can feel cool at night due to the daytime temperature being so warm so bring a coat for the evenings.

Many of the hotels have their own bars and there are four popular bars in the local town of Masbat which often get livelier later and turn into dance bars. Dahab is a very chilled place with fabulous restaurants and a lovely atmosphere.

I hope that helps,

Fiona

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas/New year

Thank you for your response, Fiona. Very helpful. I forgot to ask about currency exchange. Are ATM,s available? Can you pay for goods by debit card?

Thank you, Glyn.

Dahab
Level Contributor
142 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas/New year

Hi Glyn,

Yes there are many ATM's here. Check with your bank regarding overseas charges. Many hotels accept visa or master card. Best to pay cash in the local town. You can also bring Sterling, Euros or Dollars and exchange in the money exchange machines which are readily available.

I hope that helps,

Fiona

4. Re: Xmas/New year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations