We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving for the first time

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Diving for the first time

I decided to take an Open Water & advanced diving course at the same time.

I've never dived before, snorkeling only.

Do you think it's too much for the first time diver?

This course consists of diving at Blue Hole as a part of training at the advanced level, which is brilliant, but I'm a bit worried as some experienced diver died there...

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Diving for the first time

Hi Gordoosh. Mimi has choosen Deep Blue divers as they have a Japanese instructor and she is worried that her English would not be upto an English instuctor. Cant beleave it would be a problem from her postings here.

Phil

Scotland
Level Contributor
616 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Diving for the first time

Cheers, Phil. No experience with them myself but they'll be ok, right?

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Diving for the first time

Hi SteveKent,

So, there is a container to keep my belongings while diving and I didn't have to walk down the street with a diving mask on.

I won't do it again :D

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Diving for the first time

Hi RSCcrew,

Thanks for your advice.

I feel much more safe to go on diving at Blue Hole now. I know I shouldn't go for the cheapest course, as safety comes first. I've done some research on web and it seems my diving school has good reviews so I trust my instincts and I'll deferentially enjoy my first diving holiday!!

M

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Diving for the first time

Hello again rollergirl52,

From your advice, I did some research on diving schools in London, and I found it'll exceed my holiday budget. Unfortunately, I have to do the full course in Dahab,

I'm searching for my diving mask and snorkel now :D

Best

M

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Diving for the first time

Hi whitcop,

I use google translate :) and can't use it when communicating face to face :((

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Diving for the first time

Hi gordoosh,

I researched the dive school outside TA community and found they seems to have good reviews. I guess I was a bit nerves as this will be my first diving = )

I'm excited about my new challenge and looking forward to see the world under the waterrrr.

M

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Diving for the first time

Hi, you will love it. remember instructors are trained and experienced at dealing with first time nerves (its very common). When you are learning trust your instructor and enjoy the experience. Let us know how you got on please!

29. Re: Diving for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, May 23, 2012
30. Re: Diving for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations