We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Does anyone know this?

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Dahab is backed by mountains. Dont know anything about Taba but I think most of the peninsular is the same. Loads of photos embeded into Google Earth or searth in Flickr.

Phil

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Having been to both places, yes very similar, obviously depends on the hotel and what the position is as to what your individual view from room is.

Taba is smaller than Dahab.

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Very similar..

.mountains on one side and the red sea to other side........Dahab is . livlier than Taba....

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Thanks. We would be looking at the Iberotel Dahabeya. Does anyone know if this has a nice outlook? We have aso been to the Maldives which blew me away!!!! Infortunately our funds dont stretch to go there every year! Someone on the forum has said that Dahab is similar to the Maldives. Is this with regards to the snorkelling?

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

I've stayed in the Iberotel 3 times and we love it. It’s in the lagoon area which has a large sandy beach but that does mean that the snorkelling is not very good as there is no reef or rocks near the hotel beach. You can walk down the road for about 15 minutes and snorkel at the Islands or you can take a boat (7 – 9 Euro last year) and go off shore to Napoleon Reef. I joined a few diving drips as a snorkeler and went to the Blue Hole and by boat to Gabr El Bint. Gordon, also here on the forum always suggest you have a look at this diving map - http://www.dahab.net/english/Dahab-Map.html. Most of the sites can be snorkelled as well. I Hope to get back there again this year.

Phil

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

The Maldives is lots of small islands with sand. Taba and Dahab both have lots of dand. ;-))

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

If your're looking for sandy beaches and good snorkelling............try Nuweiba

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Thanks. Which tour operator goes to Nuweiba?

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

No big UK operators I think only Longwood and Travel Rebublic. My son has worked there as a diving instructor and he says since the british stopped going there it's full of Russian and East Europeans. He likes the diving there but its very isolated with very little to do in the evenings.

Phil

Edited: 2:47 pm, January 06, 2012
lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Dahab similar scenery to Taba?

Thanks Phil. We will be sticking with the Dahabeya in that case.

Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations