We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropitel

manchester
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tropitel

Iam staying at the tropitel for two weeks at the end of august next year carnt wait ive been to egypt before and loved it

so ive got a couple of questions about the hotel and one about diving

here we go

when you get into the sea off the jetty can you stand up this is because my wife likes to walk about in the water before she has a swim

do the hotel have security as when i was in taba a couple of years ago they were everywhere

last one i want to do the padi open water when iam there so do i have to fill out the medical form before i go or can it be done when iam there

many thanks

phil

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropitel

Hi cant answer about the diving but NO you cannot stand up when getting of the jetty. It is quite deep but the coral and fish is wonderful, I like to walk into the sea as well and it is impossible. We went to the Coralia hotel a couple of times to do this, see my review. This is a hotel and area I will return to, it was wonderful. The only drawback for me was the entry into the sea. The beach is ok then it becomes rocks and coral which you are not supposed to walk on. There are two jetty's one on the right (as you look out to sea) which was more awkward to enter the water and the one on the left which was easier as the steps were better. I bought a snorkel vest from Amazon which was good, (might be an idea for wife) I did go in when the sea was calm and it was wonderful. Any further questions let me know. Josy

West Midlands
Level Contributor
161 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropitel

Hi Phil, As Josy states, you cant stand up in the sea once you are in from the jetty, but my mum isnt a strong swimmer and doesnt like deep water but she went in for a paddle and was fine. She did however wish she had packed her woddle (long blue foam thing to hold on to) she would of been in a lot more than. The snorkeling is great, and may i suggest you take a trip to the blue hole by jeep organised by the hotel....its a famous site and if you enjoy snorkeling, then you must go here. Again, i think life jackets are available by the cafe owners who look after you throughout the day, they offered flippers etc.

There is a security guard on the beach....

Ref to diving, i dont know, maybe email the hotel direct and ask....i would think there will be lots of paper work to fill out when you are there and a med form might be one of them, but im not sure on this.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropitel

Hi, have just remembered, if you walk towards the Blue Hole on the left when on the beach, there is an area which the divers use and we did go there a few times you can walk into the sea there it isn't far. There is an area for the divers to leave their belongings and we left our sarongs etc and just enjoyed being in the sea, it wasn't very deep and was very clear and warm. As I said before have a look at the snorkel vest on Amazon, very light weight folds to almost nothing but is safe. Enjoy

manchester
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropitel

Thanks for all the help

phil

5. Re: Tropitel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, November 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations