We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Does anyone know how much a cab would cost from Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab. Or can anyone recommend a travel agent who could arrange a transfer for one person?? Thanks

Peter

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

I've been told it costs around £35 for a single trip, and the taxi drivers at the airport will NOT negotiate. It's best to pre-book via the internet - anything under £30 is a reasonable deal! Hope this helps.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

thanks for that - I'll take a chance with a cab. Did I see from another posting that you are going to be at the Hilton in Dahab later this year? I'm going down again with some friends the week before Easter if you'll be around then. I went 3 times last year (but got the transfers via a travel agent as part of the package - found out now I can book flight and hotel seperately and save money). It's a great spot, and the snorkelling/diving is spectacular.

Peter

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Hope you get a fantastic taxi! My daughter and boyfriend are Divemasters for Le Meridien group, covering the whole of the Red Sea area. (Her boyfriend is Mark Andrews, the world scuba dive record holder - well - I may as well name drop!). I'll be there from 27th April, and hope for plenty of R&R, plus flopping around like a beached whale whilst snorkelling. Sounds as thought you really enjoy yourselves. Have a great time. Lynda

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Hope you get a fantastic taxi! My daughter and boyfriend are Divemasters for Le Meridien group, covering the whole of the Red Sea area. (Her boyfriend is Mark Andrews, the world scuba dive record holder - well - I may as well name drop!). I'll be there from 27th April, and hope for plenty of R&R, plus flopping around like a beached whale whilst snorkelling. Sounds as thought you really enjoy yourselves. Have a great time. Lynda

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Have a look at www.Dahab.net - I read that most hotels in Dahab will arrange pick up from Sharm airport for a set fee.

Des

kent england
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

just back from egypt last week. arrived in shalm at 9.30 am by ferry and couldn't sit around in the 'rich' area untill 14:30 for the bus so arranged a taxi. paid ãLE 130 and the taxi driver was over the moon, couldn't tell enough people where he was going. although got stressed coz we didn't tip him.he earned enough that week with just us anyhow. good luck.

Jake J

england

southampton
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Hi Peter

I'm also travelling independently to Dahab in June, your taxi question is just what I wanted to know. Have you decided what you are going to do yet? We stayed in the Hilton last year it was great, this year we are planning to stay in the Coralia Club the next hotel along - booked directly with the hotel. If you dont mind me asking what websites have you used to book flights and the Hilton? All the ones I've found for the Hilton are more than booking a package with a tour operator.

fiona

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Going to Dahab in 10 days and have arranged a pickup from Sharm airport with the dive centre (Reef 2000). Cost is €35 (plus the driver will expect a tip). Takes just over an hour

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

Guys!!

After the tragic events of yesterday just make sure you GO!!

Don't be put off by events - that's letting the bad people win - support

the locals and have a wonderful holiday.

Des

England
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: transfers Sharm El Sheikh to Dahab

I'm going to Dahab on the 18th of May. I'm arriving into Sharm El Sheikh Airport and was wondering if there's a public bus running between Sharm and Dahab. The taxi option is quite expensive.

Get answers to your questions about Dahab