We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Mum eating out in Dahab

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buckingham
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Single Mum eating out in Dahab

I'm going to Dahab in 3 weeks and staying at Le Meridien with my 2 children (12 and 7). I don't want to eat in the hotel every night but I'm worried how safe it would be to eat in Dahab itself, or whether I'm worrying too much.

Also, does anyone know how much it costs to eat in the hotel? Is it completely unrealistic?

Also, any other tips would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Nicola

South Sinai
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Mum eating out in Dahab

Hi

i do not know the food at the le meridien hotel but if you want to eat by the beach in Dahab village it is totally safe as Dahab is small town and it is easy that you can take taxi from the front of the hotel to the town and when you finish eating or shopping it is very easy to found othere taxe to take you back to the hotel and as long as you are keping distance from the taxe driver he will not give you any hassel.

you can also make deal with one taxi driver to take you to the village and bring you back every day and every time you want to visit Dahab village during your stay in Dahab.

wish you nice holday and hope to see you in Dahab.

Jo

Dahab and Sinai
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Mum eating out in Dahab

Hi Nicola,

Dahab is a safe place, full of small restaurants by the beach with very relaxed atmosphere

For sure to eat in the hotel will be more expansive than eating outside.

See you in Dahab!

UK
Level Contributor
487 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Mum eating out in Dahab

Hi

I would agree with the previous posters that Dahab is one of the safest-feeling places I have ever visited. I don't think you need worry about eating out on your own. The only thing that will hassle you while you eat is likely to be the cats :-)

R

4. Re: Single Mum eating out in Dahab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations