We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress advice

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress advice

Hi

I've booked a holiday to Dahab and am feeling confused about what to pack! There seems to be much conflicting advice about what is and isn't considered acceptable for women to wear about the resort. I'm very conscious of not wishing to be disrespectful but in a resort like Dahab would I need to keep legs and shoulders covered at all times (with the exception of being on the beach)? I'm not planning to run around in skimpy vests and shorts but, for example, would skits that fall above the knee be ok?

Many thanks in advance.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress advice

I wouldn't worry too much about what to wear when you are at any of the resorts in places like Dahab, Sharm el sheikh etc. The locals expect tourists to dress a certain way.

When or if you are visiting Cairo, it's a different story and I would recommend you dress conservatively if you don't want any unwanted attention(skirts that are not above the knee and short sleeved shirts for example).

It's a wonderful place and I hope you have a great time.

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress advice

Thanks very much - I can't wait!

South Sinai
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress advice

like Mimi3 have said The locals expect tourists to dress a certain way and in the summer time there is alot of tourst they walk by the beach with there skimpy and there is no problem for them but i also say if you are going to go in to the desert you have to wear something that coveres your legs and shoulders not that any one will hassle you or say any thing to you but they will be talking about you to each othere.

i hope that i was helpfol and wish to see you in Dahab

Jo

4. Re: Dress advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations