We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo to Dahab on Bus

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo to Dahab on Bus

Hello!

I was meant to be going from Cairo to Dahab on a tour this has now been cancelled would it be ok for me and my friend to travel on the bus to Dahab and back again- we are two females who are well travelled

Also if anyone knows any nice hotels I'd appreciate some tips

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo to Dahab on Bus

Unlike the rest of North Africa, I didn't hear of any female travellers having any problems in Egypt. The bus trip from Cairo to Dahab is long but relatively comfortable with a short stop for dinner. Having done the tour thing I think going independent is totally feasible and potentially more enjoyable.

We stayed in Alf Leila B&B in Dahab. The decor was fab but lady at the reception was a bit off, our room didn't get made one day and breakfast wasn't included. It was also a a 5min walk to the beach (as opposed to on the beach as most other places were). To be honest, I'd go with somewhere right on the beach, dirt cheap with breakfast included. A lot of the hostels fit this criteria. Hope this helps.

In terms of food in Dahab, definitely go to the places on the road behind the main strip along the beach (the pedestrian road that forks inland after the bridge - there are only about 2 roads you'll ever go on) where the road becomes non-pedestrian. There's a great koshari place, a place with the best filled pitta and a good grill. Let me know if you need more info on Dahab. You'll love it there!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo to Dahab on Bus

Thank you so much for the info

I have booked us in to Iberotel Dahabeya, which is all inclusive..

Will the bus from Cairo be easy to find, someone told me everything is in Arabic and nothing is well signed?

Other than Mt Sinai, is there any other activities to do there?

Did you climb Mt Sinai? If so did you do sunrise or sunset- do you know which is best?

thanks again

3. Re: Cairo to Dahab on Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, March 07, 2009
4. Re: Cairo to Dahab on Bus

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:18 pm, March 08, 2009
Dahab and Sinai
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo to Dahab on Bus

You can catch the bus from cairo to dahab at Turgoman station, book it one day in advance,

From Dahab there are loads of day trips you could do:

St catherine and mount sinai, the canyons tour, Ras abou galum national park, and also snorkelling trips at the blue hole or at res mohamed national park, bedouin dinner under the stars.....

6. Re: Cairo to Dahab on Bus

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dahab