We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Dahab from Taba

London
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Dahab from Taba

Hi,

I have booked to fly to Taba as I couldn't get a flight to Sharm, can anyone advise the best way to get to Dahab? Is it possible to pre book a taxi or something and how much?

Also looking for somewhere to stay, ideally with some life, a swimming pool and near the centre as a single traveller.

Many thanks

Roo

in the Garding
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Dahab from Taba

Hey Roo

Not sure if you have already travelled to Dahab.

If you look at the I love dahab dot com website - that not only lists the buses from Taba & Sharm to Dahab, but will also give you some links to accommodation. Many of the hostels & hotels will arrange an airport transfer - these can vary from £14 to £30!!!!

If you are on a tight budget - try Bishbishi. Jimmy the owner can collect you from Taba. Or a for a couple of GBP per night more hotel he also manages is the Sphinx (NOT the New Sphinx which is much more expensive).

A hotel I have not yet stayed in but have heard very good reviews is the Octopus - very near all the above and it has a pool which the others don't. You can swim and snorkel freely in the sea - the reef is literally just off the shoreline.

Restaurants are plenty - Funny Mummy is further away from the masses and has nice fruit juices and smoothies. Dolphin also good food as is Ali Baba.

Diving - try Desert Divers. There are now over 70 providers of scubadiving in Dahab so choose carefully.

Hope this doesn't break any regulations and do have a great time.

Eastwind

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Dahab from Taba

Taba Airport is not in Taba but 35 km away at Al Nakb on the Sinai plateau. You must get yourself a transfer organised in advance as usually there are no taxis waiting ( the airport is very remote so no reason for a taxi to go up there unless dropping off someone ). Sorry to say Sharm Airport is much more convenient than Taba for Dahab, as Dahab is about 160 km from Taba Airport.

Decide on your hotel or dive centre and then email them for assistance with the transfer. The Nesima, Christina, and other hotels in the Asala area ( where all the cafes, shops, restaurants and dive centres are ) have pools though they are very small. The larger hotels ( Hilton, Coralia, Iberotel, Swissinn etc etc ) on the southern side have obviously the better, larger pools, as well as better beaches for swimming and for windsurfing. But I guess their prices will be higher.

3. Re: Getting to Dahab from Taba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations