We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who has stayed in the Tropitel Dahab Oasis, who can give some feedback on it. I have searched everywhere and can't find any reviews on it at all.

I have read some reviews on the Tropitel in Sharm, which had mixed reviews, although the main negative seemed to be the problem with AI and am wondering if this is the same in the Dahab one.

Many thanks

1. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 am, August 23, 2007
Bedford, England
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Stayed at the Tropitel in Nov 2005.

Hotel was clean and comfortable although we wouldn't rate it as a 4 star. More like a 3. Absolutely beautiful location.

Staff all very pleasant. Food was good although not as much selection as larger hotels. Having said that, it was not repetitive. We were half-board - I don't think that they do AI at this hotel.

Location is great. Easy to get into Dahab with hotel mini bus or pick up a taxi. Coming back, just stand on the square in Dahab and one will find you! remember to barter. We wouldn't say they are licensed taxis. We went in a variety of vehicles.

Negative Points. Hotel is used by tour groups and you only see people at meal times. The rest of the day the hotel was almost deserted (although it just may have been due to the time of year)

The animation team were a bit of a pain, playing very loud music around the pool for their own amusement. They really didn't have anything else to do.

Quite a lot of flies about. We bought ourselves a very large can of spray and a fly swat from a supermarket in Dahab.

Best Bits. The dive club. Without a doubt the best operation we have come across. We only snorkel, but they made us very welcome and took us to loads of places including the Blue Hole and Abu Gulum.

The House Reef - absolutely great!! Access to the sea was a bit difficult at low tide though - they need some sort of jetty which we were told they were going to do.

Dahab itself. Great for shopping and some really good restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Sharm & Dahab
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Great report! I confirm that they did the jetty, and the animation still there, I heard them sometime.

You 'll be very close to famoust dive site of Dahab The Canyon, really wonderful, i Love this dive

and in the night you walk little bit on the beach is really peaceful, great atmosphere in this side of the coast.

Regards to everybody

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - I had forgotten I had left this message. Only rememebered when I came back to see him anybody else had left a review of the hotel!

Thank you so much everyone, for taking the time to write those reviews. Sounds like I don't really have anything to worry about. Will remember to stock up on some bug spray though. Much more confident about staying at this hotel now.

Only 4 weeks to go until I am there - can't wait. Will report back on my return

glasgow
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Hi Scottishlass82

Could you possibly leave comments when you get back from you holiday. I am looking to go to Dahab in November from Glasgow but flying into Sharm and staying in the Tropitel Dahab Oasis.

Are you flying into Sharm and if so where did you get your transfers?

Thanks hope you enjoy your trip!!

:0)

Jersey, CI
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Hi,

Just back from a week at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, got back today and felt compelled to write a review, we searched everywhere and couldn't find any so decided to brave it and so glad we did! it should be posted by the weekend, just submitted it. we loved it!! We didn't see any bugs but did use bug spray! Food was ok but a bit samey - as with most places - dont eat the salad or ice!! Oh, amd use bottled water to brush your teeth (tap water can be a little bit yellow). Prices are genrallt cheap.

The people are excellent as is the snorkelling. Total chill out time and the staff were great.

Read the rwview and get in contact with any questions.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Hi drussill

Yes no problem , I will let you know how I get on when I get there. We are flying from Glasgow on the 30th August. I believe we are using a private transfer but not sure who with as it was my friend that organised it, but I will find out and let you know.

Red68 – I have just read your review, and feeling a lot happier about staying there now.

Thanks.

glasgow
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Same flight scottishlass, we are staying at the Coralia Club in Dahab for one week. Our transfers are with the tour operator.

There isn't a lot of reviews about Dahab as there is for Sharm.

I have been to Sharm Nov 2005 with my husband and really like it, but leaving him behind this trip, taking the parents, my daughter and my niece.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Might see you on the flight then mj1965! The 9.30am flight?

I think my friend used a company called Orchid Travel to book the flights. I know that the transfers were £80 each.

I went to Sharm last September and it was really nice and the friend I am going with was in Dahab in December last year and loved it.

glasgow
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Our flight is 9am with Thomas Cook.

£80 each? Is that from the airport to Dahab, think you have been had, would try and cancel if I was you! I am sure you can get a taxi a lot, lot cheaper. Check out www.dahab-info.com

Get answers to your questions about Dahab