We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Clemente/Manta questions

Which Manta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
San Clemente/Manta questions

Hi everyone.....

My husband is possibly being transfered to San Clemente/Manta for work. We have lived in Quito and Galapagos, but I have never visited Manta before.

Could someone tell me if there are day cares there, and any recommendations about things to see and do as a young (ish) couple with a toddler?

Is there an ex-pat community at all?

Thanks so much.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Clemente/Manta questions

lots of expats in manta (used to be a u.s. military base there), to do? the beach, manta and everything north and south of it is all about the beach. great drives along the coast there as well, so many micro climates. one minute your in a desert, 15 minutes later a bamboo forest. i drove from manta south to puerto lopez last year and i thought the whole coastal area was beautiful.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Clemente/Manta questions

HOw long was the drive from manta to puerto lopez? We are heading to puerto lopez next week and would like to see other beaches and we hear the more north you go the better the climate.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Clemente/Manta questions

It's about an hour and a half drive time.

4. Re: San Clemente/Manta questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 27, 2012