We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amazon lodges

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
amazon lodges

We are planning a 10 day cruise trip followed by a 4 night stay in the Amazon jungle. Any advice on lodges and experiences?

Level Contributor
172 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amazon lodges

We went to Napo Wildlife Center. I have posted on it before and highly recommend it. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Only place we heard negative reviews about was Kapawi, told not much wildlife and community experience does not live up to expectation.

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: amazon lodges

We just returned from Sacha Lodge and it was wonderful. The guides were extremely knowledgable, the accomidations were first rate and the food was unbelievable, best in all of Ecuador.

Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amazon lodges

This question is for this previous poster who recently stayed at the Sacha Lodge. I just booked a 4 day 3 night stay at Sacha Lodge for a trip to Ecuador in October. I'm glad you liked it because I had a hard time chosing between the different jungle lodges.

Were there any activities (night hike, zip line, etc.) that you liked in particular that you would highly recommend or, alternatively, are there any that I should maybe skip?

Also, from what you could tell, are any of the rooms better than others that I should try to ask for?

Any further advice/insight would be appreciated to help me prepare for my trip.

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: amazon lodges

I liked all the excursions they offered. It is run very similar to a cruise ship in the Galapagos, that is you are divided up into groups of six or seven and assigned to a guide and a naturalist. You go on all your excursions with the same group during your stay.

The night excursions, really only one, are more insect related as it would be difficult to see the other wildlife. The other afternoon excursions are before it gets really dark and you have chances to see monkies and other animals and learn about the locals and how they live in the jungle. I found everything to be very educational and interesting but then again I really enjoy nature.

You will have one morning excursion that lasts until about 12 each morning and then an afternoon excursion for a couple of hours. The rest of the day is for you to relax or go swimming.

5. Re: amazon lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 02, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question