We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit to Galapagos Islands

St. Louis Missouri
4 posts
Save Topic
First Visit to Galapagos Islands

I am heading to the islands in early January. It is a multisport adventure so it should be lots of action. Has anyone take a similar trip? How was it? I need some good shoes that I can hike but are always waterproof. Was thinking about Keens but didn't know if I needed actual hiking boots as well. Look forward to reading more about everyones adventures.

Paigeola

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit to Galapagos Islands

Unless you plan on doing some extensive hiking over lava fields, which will literally eat up the best boots on the market in no time (having lived and worked in the islands, I can attest to that personally!), a good pair of walking shoes should be fine. Don't forget footwear that can also take a salt water beating.

Heather Blenkiron

St. Louis Missouri
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit to Galapagos Islands

Thanks so much for the advice. Never been there and wasn't sure what to expect. I know we are doing some hiking but I'm sure it isn't too intense.

Thank again

Paigeola

3. Re: First Visit to Galapagos Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 04, 2009