We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying to Galapagos short notice

Poland
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
flying to Galapagos short notice

After doing a bit of research, we have decided probably to fly independently to the Galapagos islands and book a few days boat cruise from there and then do some diving while on one of the islands. However, I am now wondering if it is too short notice to wait till we arrive in Quito mid March to book a flight to the islands a few days later?

Also, I have heard that Baltra airport will be closed sometime in March, I do not know why or for how long. But my question is, if we fly to San Cristobal, can we then arrange a cruise from there, and then go to Santa Cruz somehow to be based at Puerto Ayora which seems to be the best place for diving? Otherwise, is there another airport on the Galapagos islands where there are flights from Quito? Many thanks for any advice.

1. Re: flying to Galapagos short notice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 13, 2009