We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 6-day tours?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
2011 6-day tours?

I read that there were going to be more 6 day tours in 2011 in the Galapagos Islands. However, I can't seem to find any. Any knowledge out there??

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2011 6-day tours?

Dear Scraik,

the Galapagos National Park has implemented a new 14 day itinerary that has ships not seeing the same spot twice during that time. Ships must implement this itinerary no later than January 2012. Some ships, in this framework, are offering 4, 5, and 6 day options (remember, 6 days is only 4 full cruising days).

So, you're asking this question during a major transition period - it's hard to answer your question is what I'm saying! Your best bet may be to pepper this question amongst many Galapagos cruise agents and see what you come up with.

Of course, if your are OK with 8 days, you'll have no problems finding something. Same for 4 / 5 days trips.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2011 6-day tours?

From what I know only a few ships have already changed their itineraries, there is a good resource for this issue at: travelgalapagosislands.com/faqs/the-galapago…

It is the only site I have found official information, if anyone knows of another please let me know as I am looking everywhere for clarification on this issue.

Corina

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
651 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2011 6-day tours?

HI Scraik,

Unfortunately as Heather and Corina mentioned, only some of the ships have already changed itinerary (there were several incentives from the Park to do so before the scheduled time limit, like offering Kayak permits to those boats that swapped over early). At the end of the day, some boats are running the 15 day itinerary already and some are not, which can make things a bit confusing at this time.

Another site to try would be www.galapagosislands.com , where you can look up by ship. The ships that have switched have all the new itineraries posted, and the ones that haven´t still show the "old" itinerary.

Reply to: 2011 6-day tours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Genovesa