We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe travelling

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Safe travelling

I am travelling to East Timor next week and am travelling on my own. Are there any safety issue for a female solo traveller eg places it may be better to avoid. Any other tips would be usefull.

Thanks

Dili, East Timor
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe travelling

There are no safety issues currently. Just the old one that still happens. Do not leave your stuff on the beach unattended and hang on to your bag if you walking along the street especially at night as sometimes the boys on motor bikes will whip past and grab your bag. It does not happen very often but does happen. Besides that all is really good currently.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe travelling

During the day is safe, but I would say to avoid walking alone in the evenings.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe travelling

hey noting to worry about in dilli . however if you are going around timor such as i did you will need a guide as all of the timorese speak own language along with portugese or indonesian

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe travelling

Hi am going to Dili too,,,may be v can team up to explore this city contact me at fan803@gmail.com cheers

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe travelling

Hi am going to Dili too,,,may be v can team up to explore this city contact me at fan803@gmail.com cheers

6. Re: Safe travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 14, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Dili
Recent Conversations