We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

Menton, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

I am arriving from France, my travel partner is arriving from Sydney. We need to find available accommodation in Dili from April1st-5th.

Any suggestions and contact details. Anything considered, even private rooms,B&B, Guest Houses etc

Friends of friends offering a room? Many thanks

Azure blue

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Dili, East Timor
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

Hi peacehorses,

Try the Dili Beach Hotel. It is reasonably close to town, has a good bar and you can get a meal there. There are different room types and there is a pool. Their website is www.dilibeachhotel.com/

You can also try the Timor Lodge. They are a bit further out of town but closer to the airport and they also have a nice pool. See www.timorleste-hotels.com.

Good luck!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

Can anyone shed light on why the iconic Hotel Turismo, Lecidere, Dili, Timor Leste has closed down?

Dili, East Timor
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

As far as I know it is still operating but I'll check it out and let you know for sure.

Regards,

LanceLinkDili

Dili, East Timor
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

Here's the Hotel Turismo saga:

The hotel was declared a a state asset last year. The Timorese-born Australian business partners Mario Ingles and Manuel Ferreira, who had run the hotel since 2000, were given the go-ahead to renovate and extend the hotel at a cost of $US20 million. But the government then announced it would put the hotel's lease out to tender.

Late last year the government awarded the tender to another business group in Dili, which called in the wreckers before proposed rebuilding.

It's very sad state of affairs as the hotel had quite a history.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

Bom dia!

Obrigada Lance for the update.

Yes, the destruction of this 'iconic' hotel is very sad...

What happens now?

6. Re: Cheap Acc. in Dili over Easter? Availability?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dili