We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

Munich
3 posts
Save Topic
camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

hey, i'm going to Croatia on 12th July, 10 hopefully amazing days ;) the plan is to rent a car and go around with a tent. i'm flying to Rijeka quite late so need to spend the first night somewhere close. any recommendations??? i've tried to contact some places but they are not very responsive.. then i would go to Split, Dubrovnik, and back to Rijeka, if there is still time maybe Zagreb. if you know any cool camping places on this way please let me know! thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Rijeka
Rijeka
Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Cork, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

My partner and I stayed at Camping Krka in May at Losovac right near the Krka National Park. Very friendly family and close to Skradinski Buk where you can get a boat to the beautiful waterfalls - a must see and equally as good as the Plitvic falls and park which are nearer Zagreb and it would be on your way to Split. The lady there Dvorka Goran was lovely and also has two very reasonable rooms above her own accommodation newly converted. You are going to spend most of your holiday "on the road" in the baking heat and I would strongly recommend you narrow your stay down to two or three areas and do further South on another visit. The road to Dubrovnik is very slow by all accounts esp. summer.Trogir near Split is well worth a visit - a mini Dubrovnik. Camping is available at Seget just south of there. Primosten is 1/2 way between on the coast and very pretty and worth a l@@k and a swim off the rocks around the small island. Will post email for Krka camping when I find it. Happy hols. Vikki and Tony

Mentioned in this post
Krka National Park
Krka National Park
3,218 Reviews
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Split
Split
Munich
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

Hey Nofrills (Vikki and Tony), thanks a lot for your tips! -really useful. please let me know if you find some contact details. Cheers, Barbara

ploce
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

Bacina lakes by the main road E65 , near the port Ploce, on the half way between Split and Dubrovnik !

Brgds

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Cardiff, Wales
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

Hi , My boyfriend and i are flying to Dubrovnik on the 29th of July and hope to base ourselves there for 10 days of camping and day trips.

We are looking for a campsite, but it appears that there is only one, which requires a deposit and my card details, which im a little wary of? im sure there is more than 1 campsite. any suggestions or advice

Thanks

Lianne

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

Preluk is a campsite about 7k from Rijeka towards Opatija, it is just before Volosko village, on the left near the sea. Tel. 00385 51 621913

Mentioned in this post
Volosko
Volosko
388 Reviews
Opatija, Croatia
Rijeka
Rijeka
Opatija
Opatija
6. Re: camping in Croatia (Rijeka, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 02, 2009