We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rijeka to Budapest PLEASE HELP

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rijeka to Budapest PLEASE HELP

Hi, I'll be staying in Opatija and will be leaving the 13th of September at night to Budapest, I can't believe that in train i spend 14 hours! (from rijeka) Can anyone tell me which is the quickest way? It has to be only 6 hours i imagine

Thanks

Eugenia

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rijeka to Budapest PLEASE HELP

By car. It's bit more money. But, you got freedom of choice.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,796 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rijeka to Budapest PLEASE HELP

From Zagreb there are two trains that day that take around 6 hours so it would be a lot better to take bus to Zagreb and then the train.

Direct train at 16.20 from Zagreb Glavni Kolod (station) gets in to Budapest at 22.19.

I've found them on bahn.de, and also seen that from opatija you have an incredible number of changes, some journeys are 20 hours!

3. Re: Rijeka to Budapest PLEASE HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 16, 2012