We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

Which Rijeka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South East London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

I want to take two children under age 7 to Croatia. We need to be able to get to Rijeka, so about 1 hour away is great. Therefore I have chosen POREC, Baska in KRK, and Novi Vindolski.

My son has Special Needs and so I need to plan it well. So I have looked extensively at hotels with good facilities for children - and easy journey from UK and little transfer time, need good accommodation which has at least 2 bedrooms.

I have decided on Hotel Zvironimir, Baska island of Krk - looks family friendly. Also Valamar Club Tamaris in Porec also looks very family friendly, children's pool etc, children's clubs etc. Finally I looked at the Appartments Laguna Belluve, which look nice (we need two bedrooms) and Novi Vindolski Appartments have lovely appartments with 2 bedrooms. I don't want to be in the sticks though and need plenty to do around to see to keep little ones occupied. If anyone has taken small children to any of these places I would be so grateful for your views. Many thanks.

zadar
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

tray to find private apartments... that is more better solution for you..

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

My nipper is teen now and browsing local sites I could not find any helpful information.Still this may be a bit helpful.

Although cheaper not all but majority of private rooms are not on the ground floor and no one has a lift.

Baška is nice with pristine beach and less than hour from Rijeka (Island Krk) Airport but as a place and fun wise it is a bit smaller compared to Poreč.Ryanair goes Stansted to Pula but from Krk airport it is mainly highway all the way to Poreč.Also Poreč (and W Istria) have sort of more shallow water if compared to E and Rijeka area Islands.

Public access in general - local authorities done more in last 5 than it was done in last 50 years but it is still very far from how it should be (and how is it in UK).Large amount of car owners are very thick when it comes to parking.

South East London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

Thank you for your kind advice. So do you think that Porec is a bit more exciting as a place than Baska, Krk. I read that Baska has nice beaches but I would like a bit of action around us. Lots of tourists, plenty to do, good hotel and kids clubs and nice children swimming pool. I know I can fly from Gatwick to Pula, easily then have a about 45 minute drive to Porec.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

I am pretty sure that Porec (and area) will suit your needs.Check Ryanair as month ago they open link to Pula so return still may be around 40quid (with all add-ons)

South East London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

Thank you for all your kind help!

6. Re: Where do I go with a child with Special Needs? Porec, Baska?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 29, 2009