We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend

Which Rijeka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Girls Weekend

I am going to Rijeka end of May for 3 nights and want to know where is the best place to stay for sandy beach, bars and nice restaurants.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend

Can not recall any naturally made sandy beaches in 100mile range.Closest to it (gravel ) you may find in Crikvenica hour ride , S from Rijeka.The place itself has few bars,clubs etc.

Plenty of bars and restaurants you will find in Rijeka but no decent beaches unless you go to island Krk or SW towards Moscenicka Draga.(pebble)

Opatija has little bit of everything so you may end up there as well.Both rijeka and Moscenicka Draga are 30' away.

Finally - I do not want to ruin your plans but the sea in May is not (at least for the locals) warm enough.

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend

For a beach experiencel, I would consider Baska on the island of Krk, but the water may be a bit chilly. Crikvenica is also OK, but truthfully I was not all that impressed with it when I was there this past summer. The water was not nearly as clear as it was when we were at Baska. For beaches, specifically, check out www.croatia-beaches.com

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend

Thank you both for your recommendations. Looks like we are heading to Opatija.

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend

My advice to you is the same as i gave to fellow traveller's, stay in Opatija as it has good hotels and the best local restaurants by far. Everything else you need is only a shotr hop away. Have fun!

adelaide
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend

Last holiday we stayed in Brsec which is located 35 km from Rijeka.Brsec is a medieval town situated on 157m high cliff overlooking the crystal clear Adriatic sea and islands Krk, Cres, Mali and Veli Losinj and thay are all conected with ferries. Brsec has a beutiful beach.We stayed in local B&B for only 25Euro per apartment.Send me you Email on rob_brumnic@yahoo.com.au and I will send you some photos of the town.

6. Re: Girls Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 28, 2009