We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car company info

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Topic
Rental car company info

Hi There,

Can you please advise this Kemwel car rental company in Rijeka is good to book with. I need to book in Rijeka and drop off in Dubrovnik and I'm getting a better rate from this car rental company. But before I book I need your advise?..

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Rijeka
Rijeka
Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car company info

Kemwel is not a rental car company. They are a booking site like Travelocity or Orbitz (sort of). They will book a car with some company in Rijeka.

I haven't booked with Kemwel - last time, I used EconomyCarRentals, a competitor of Kemwel's (to rent a car in Rijeka, actually). The car company wound up being Oryx, which I found out only after I had completed the booking (but it was refundable up to 48 hours before the rental). I'm guessing prices are similar with the different booking companies but all have slightly different policies. Some booking companies want to charge you for the full price of the rental at the time of booking, even if they allow cancellation/refund 48 hours before. EconomyCarRentals charges only a "deposit" (their commission, basically) up front and you pay the rest to the car company when you return it. I'm not comfortable being charged the full amount up front, myself.

Mentioned in this post
Rijeka
Rijeka
Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Croatia
ajijic
Level Contributor
75 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car company info

I researched many companies including Kemwell & found you get what you pay for. For instance the CDW excess will vary from 3000 to 10,000 depending on the company - drop off, cross border & ferry fees vary. I wanted full excess coverage. In the end I have booked with Nova but they were not the least expensive

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car company info

Thank you so much for all your inputs.

4. Re: Rental car company info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, May 04, 2018