We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

Which Opatija hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

would like to take a hol in August with our newborn. have travelled to both Dubrovnik and lake bled before and loved them. just wondering how these towns compare and would they be accessible with bub and buggy?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

Opatija is flat and paved around. Rovinj is small hell for someone with baby in buggy. Forget Rovinj.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

My collection of Rovinj with a pushchair was that it was quite testing,especially the old town,close to the Basilica,where there are alot of steps.Around the seafront was no problem whatsoever

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

If you have skateboard size wheels some parts of Opatija 7mi promenade will be just too shaky.With McPherson suspension,offroad tires,4 x 4 drive...you'll be fine on gravel,cobbles etc.

Rovinj old part is tricky but short loop if you just go around it .Tiny effort will be greatly rewarded.Do not skip it.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

I remember our buggy days very well.

We visited Rovinj last year albeit only for a couple of hours it is hilly and cobbled.

We drove though Opatija it is flat and looked lovely with old style hotels ect- it looked like an old type tourist resort (from the turn of the last century) and we will visit it proerly this year.

It's a no brainer with a buggy - Opatija - hire a car and visit Rovinj then go back and stay in Rovinj when children can walk without complaining or need carrying, Istria is heaven on earth (after Cape Town) and I am sure you will heve a great time.

Durham
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

Thanks for al the info. Sounds like Opatja is the way forward and a day trip possibly to Rovinj??

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

Just one little baby and 2 adults, I really don't see a problem.

In the agencies and on the promenade in Opatija you will see daytrips offered. Rovinj is probably a part of Istria Tour, you can see it once there.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

Forget the cobbles and go to Rovinj.

Find a cafe in the town centre and make that your base.

Leave the buggy there, it won't be a problem, and carry your infant around for short periods for example to go up to Saint Euphemia at the top of the old town.

By the way there is a buggy friendly way up to the top which although longer offers splendid views.

P.S. I took my children there when they were infants and we all had a fantastic time!

Edited: 2:23 am, June 25, 2010
8. Re: opatija or rovinj- buggy friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Opatija
Recent Conversations