We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

New Zealand
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

Any recommendations for small boat cruise around the northern islands?

11. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, October 18, 2010
New Zealand
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

Hello Jelsa,

I never saw any large fish when I was swimming off the boat in the Adriatic, let alone a shark. I live close to Australia and the Pacific Islands where there are many sharks around (some land sharks as well) ! I did not even think about sharks in the Adriatic as there was very little fish life.

I have been swimming and snorkelling in areas where there are sharks and share most people's fear of them, but I have been on diving trips where there were sharks around, not all of them are "man eaters".

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

I noticed you posted in Opatija forum. If you will be staying there, you can make day trips by boats to Cres, Krk, Rab organized by local agencies.

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

Hello have been reading posts from December on small boat cruises in Croatia , we are looking for one to book for July 2010 .Did you have any luck with Katrina Lines ? Or find any others ? Have looked at Gullets, but there are so many and would like a few creature comforts .Have heard that some are so hot that our son and friends ended up sleeping on the deck ?Bu they where travelling on a budget .

New Zealand
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

Hi There, I did make contact and will go on cruise in September. We did a cruise in June/July in 2008, really enjoyed it, but it was very hot and I can understand why some would prefer to sleep on deck. I would suggest that you book one of the cruises with a A+ boat - at the moment I think this is on the K2 cruise which we have already done, from Split to Dubrovnik, and book A+ on the deck, these have air conditioning. As we are going at the end of September it should not be so hot. Bear in mind that these cruises are budget but they are good value. Ask me if you want any more info. Cheers.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

Another good companies to look at are the Lion Queen and try Luna charter for more upscale experiences (only one luxury cruiser)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

Thanks for that, but as we have enjoyed our last experience we will stick with what we know. Cheers,

18. Re: Cruises September Adriatic Small Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Opatija