We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in july/aug ?

indiana
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in july/aug ?

Hi we have 2 weeks (16 days)- we arrive in venice and planned on renting a car. We would head north and drive around into croatia. Most of the nicer places online would like a 1 week rental. Is there one island that would be best to stay for 1 week. We would like to explore a bit. and do day trips. We are low key adults (50) and aren't into a party scene. We love good food and especially would enjoy being on the waterfront. We wanted to split the trip with a few days in nothern italy and a day or 2 in slovenia. We have been to italy before. We are open to not rening the car but that would leave us without transportation if we just took the ferry from venice. Thanks in advance for the advice. Sharon

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
48,584 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in july/aug ?

How about the island of Krk, which would allow you a short journey to Plitvice?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in july/aug ?

Hi Sharon...

There are a lot of options open to you. We usually try to use 'public' transport but we found it impractical in this region. I'd recommend a car and just write it off as spent money so you don't worry about it sitting unused for a couple of days.

Heading north from Venice, past Trieste, I'd strongly recommend Piran on the coast in Slovenia.Really pleasant small town with nice restaurants and lovely walks.

If you want something larger and with more life and culture then the capital, Ljubljana is just over an hour away by car.

Heading back round the coast (into Croatia) there are lots of nice places but I'd try Rovinj. Again lots of restaurants,walks and beautiful architecture.

From there maybe head into Pula,amphitheatre etc.Quite a big place though with quite a lot of traffic.

If you want somewhere a little quieter then I'd recomment Mali Losinj.You can either get a ferry from Pula or else drive via the Island of Cres along a really scenic road.

Lots of options.Let me know if you need more.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in july/aug ?

Yes, please help. We are a family with kids age 12 and 10. We want to do a trip in June/ July next year in Croatia from Venice. The kids are very outdoor kids and enjoy swimming, hiking and adventure. We are open for any suggestions.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in july/aug ?

Hi...

My previous post should suit you.

Is there any specific information that I can assist with?

T

5. Re: 2 weeks in july/aug ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mali Losinj